KS sa US was the international live stage performance of the cast of Kalyeserye which held two shows in the United States on 9 April 2017 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in Pasadena, California and 12 April 2017 at the Kings Theatre in Brooklyn, New York.
The phenomenal AlDub love team of Alden Richards and Maine Mendoza headlined the show, and was accompanied by Jose Manalo, Wally Bayola, and Paolo Ballesteros who portrayed the three iconic Lolas.
The show served as a continuation to the story of the already concluded Kalyeserye, telling the story of what happened when AlDub and their twin children went on a vacation to visit the three Lolas who were living in the United States.
KS sa US was produced by Los-Angeles based Happy Box Productions in association with GMA's flagship international channel, GMA Pinoy TV, as the exclusive media sponsor.
Part 1 (California show)
Now a married couple, Maine and Alden decide to go on a vacation to visit Lola Nidora (Wally Bayola), Lola Tidora (Paolo Ballesteros), and Lola Tinidora (Jose Manalo) who are now living in the United States. Together with their twin infants, the couple arrives and is warmly welcomed by the three Lolas. Delighted to see AlDub's family, the Lolas chat with Alden and Maine and learns about the couple's happily married life.
Meanwhile, Duhrizz (Wally Bayola), who also now resides in the United States, even stops by to say hello to her cousin Maine. However, her presence causes the children to start crying loudly. The children are immediately taken offstage by their nannies. However, trouble strikes when Yaya Mot (Rose Ann Boleche) interrupts their conversation to inform them that the twins have been kidnapped by two people.
AlDub and the Lolas are left in full-blown panic mode.
Part 2 (New York show)
The second show opens with Duhrizz trying to comfort Alden and Maine and assuring them that she has contacted numerous groups and organization to help them find the missing children. She leaves to join the local police department with their search. Lola Tidora and Lola Tinidora arrive with no updates, which further distresses the couple.
A little while later, Lola Nidora appears and reveals that she has found the twin children. She reads a letter from an anonymous couple who mistakenly took the babies thinking it was theirs, but they immediately contacted the police to return the children after realizing their mistake. In the end, Alden and Maine are reunited with their children.
Suddenly, Maine becomes nauseous amid the celebration. Alden and Maine reveal that a third baby is on the way since Maine is pregnant once again.
- Maine Mendoza as Maine
- Alden Richards as Alden
- Wally Bayola as Lola Nidora/Duhrizz
- Paolo Ballesteros as Lola Tidora
- Jose Manalo as Lola Tinidora
- Rose Ann Boleche as Yaya Mot
In addition to the Kalyeserye narrative, Alden Richards, Maine Mendoza, Jose Manalo, Wally Bayola, and Paolo Ballesteros also did individual and group performances as non-Kalyeserye characters.
Alden was introduced as the Pambansang Bae and he asked people to sing along with him as he sang a medley of songs. Maine also did a song and dance with her backup dancers. Finally, the duo came onstage together to dance, sing, and do "kulitan" with one another. People were also selected from the audience to join AlDub on stage.
Notes and trivia
- As a series continuity detail, Maine Mendoza's character is called Maine and not Divina or Yaya Dub because Lola Nidora revealed that Divina's real name is Maine Mendoza during AlDub's first anniversary.
- Lola Nidora's three bodyguards—Rogelio, Rogelio, Rogelio—have been replaced with their American counterparts named Roger, Roger, Roger. Two different sets of The Rogers appeared at the California and the New York shows.
- KS sa US was the first time that Alden Richards and Maine Mendoza performed together outside the Philippines. It was also Maine Mendoza's out-of-country show.
- The two shows can be considered as the 401st and 402nd episodes of Kalyeserye since they are a continuation of the series.